How to Create AWS EBS Daily Automated Backup
In this tutorial i will show you how to create automated daily backup for AWS EBS using CloudWatch by creating an event and choose specific Volume ID
- Login to AWS Console.
- Search for CloudWatch inside the searchbar.
- Select 'Events'.
- Select 'Create rule'.
- Choose 'Schedule'.
- Add recurrence time by cron or fixed rate.
- Cron example: "0 5 * * 0" means every Sunday at 5am
- Select 'Add target'.
- Choose 'EC2 Create Snapshot API Call'.
- From Volume ID choose desired EBS. "You can add multiple EBS Volumes as multiple targets"
- Select 'Configure Details'.
- In this screen just add a name and description for the event rule to differentiate it than other rules.
- Inside AWS Permissions create a new role which will open a new window
- Select 'Allow' button.
- Select 'Create Rule'.