For all of you who don't know what sitemap is, it's an xml file which has all the information about your site/blog as your site tree too, sitemap xml is essential for Google robot to crawl all your links and give you both higher visibility and ranking for your keywords.
What can you use to activate sitemap plugin for your WordPress blog / site ?
You will find a lot of tools that can help on this but 'Yoast SEO' is no doubt the most popular one, you will get out of the box may features like:
- Search result post preview, which will make you optimize and edit your post to look the way you want.
- Edit focus words for your post
- It will give you in each post a quick analysis points to consider and fix
- Meta tags description which again used by search engine.
- Integration to onepage.org which will check and assure that your pages are indexed
- and more....
How to install it ?
- Go to your WordPress admin page, click on Plugins > Add New and then search for Yoast SEO
- After installing it don't forget to click on activate as any other plugin to have the features active.
- You will then have a Yoast icon on the top bar which you can access to customize or go through the wizard
- On the left side go to SEO > Search Console and do authenticate your site "this requires having a webmaster tools in google" , then choose your domain from the list
- To enable the Sitemaps XML you need to go to Yoast features and be sure to enable the advanced option, now click on SEO > XML Sitemap and all options will be there.
That's all what you need to get started with Yoast SEO plugin.