To create AWS EC2 Instance from an image you can follow the below steps:
Create an image for the desired EC2 you want to move (If you don't have an image already)
- Connect to console.
- Go to EC2 > Instances.
- Right click the desired instance and stop it Instance State > Stop (this will cause a downtime).
- Right click the desired instance again and choose Image > Create Image.
- Put a name inside the image name and a description if needed, be sure the storage is checked and proceed by following 'Create Image' button.
Launch an instance from the image
- From EC2 > Images > AMIs
- Right click on the image and choose launch (Fig#1)
- Go through the wizard by choosing the instance type, storages..etc