You can move your instance from a region to another by copying the AMI image to a different regions
Create an image for the desired EC2 you want to move
- Connect to console.
- Go to EC2 > Instances.
- Right click the desired instance and stop it Instance State > Stop (this will cause a downtime).
- Right click the desired instance again and choose Image > Create Image.
- Put a name inside the image name and a description if needed, be sure the storage is checked and proceed by following 'Create Image' button.
Copy the image to different region
- Go to Images > AMIs
- Right click the image and choose copy AMI.
- Choose desired destination and put name and description.
Now if you go to the destination which you have chosen in the above step 3 you will find the AMI inside EC2 > Images > AMIs
- From EC2 > Images > AMIs
- Right click on the image and choose launch.
- Go through the wizard by choosing the instance type, storages..etc