Create an AMI from EBS Snapshot and Create an Instance from it
In this tutorial i will show you how to create an image from EBS snapshot and create an instance from the created AMI.
- Login to your AWS Console.
- Search for EC2 in the search bar.
- Open Snapshots under 'Elastic Block Store' section.
- Right click desired snapshot you created earlier.
- Select 'Create image'.
- Choose name.
- Change 'Virtualization type' to 'Hardware-assisted virtualization' if this is the case with original EC2 instance.
- In case you need to add additional storage select 'Add New Volume'.
- Click on 'Create'
- Go to 'AMIs' under 'Images' section.
- Select created image.
- Right click or hover 'Actions' button.
- Select 'Launch'.
- Choose desired cpu.
- Follow the wizard by clicking next steps till you reach the 'Launch' button.
- Be sure to choose a key or create one.
- Select 'Instances' under 'Instances' menu.
- New instance will be there and you can connect to it once it's ready.