AWS Interview Questions
In this article I will be showing some of the most popular AWS/Cloud job interview questions.
What is a Hybrid Environment ?
It's having your environment infrastructure servers between your premises and in the cloud, so it's mixed between both.
How to Create New EC2 Security Group ?
There are two methods to accomplish this:
#1 From the Console
- Login to Your AWS Console.
- Choose/Search for EC2.
- Select Security Groups.
- Click on "Create Security Group"
- Follow the Wizard.
#2 From the AWS CLI
Run below command and replace all "Orange" text with your own customized names.
aws ec2 create-security-group --group-name securityGroupName --description "Whatever Here"
When to use On-Demand Servers?
On Demand servers can be used whenever we need to create and use servers only while needed for specific jobs and then to be terminated.
What are Spot Instances ?
This type of servers can be used whenever you have tasks that can be accomplished any time and you don't want them to be ready in a specific time.
Do you Lose your Data by Stopping an Instance ?
By stopping an instance all the EBS data will be saved but if you terminate the server you will be losing all the EBS data.
What is Dedicated Tenancy ?
When you choose your server to have a tenancy equal to dedicated this means that your hardware will be in a dedicated server and not shared with others.
When do I Pay for Elastic IP ?
Elastic IP is free unless it's attached to a stopped Instance.
What are C State and P State Control and How to Use Them in AWS ?
- The C state – Sleep state varying from c0 to c6. C6 being the deepest sleep state for a processor
- The P state – Performance state p0 being the highest and p15 being the lowest possible frequency.
You can control the states only on C4 Instance type.
What is the Network Performance you Can Expect with AWS ?
Currently AWS can support up to 25Gbps, more info click here.
What are AMIs and are they Free ?
AMI is AWS Instance Images and not all of them are free.
How to Choose Certain Availability Zone ?
Availability Zone should be considered based on:
- Audience Location
So both pricing and latency should be checked after knowing the audience location and based on those parameters an AZ should be chosen based on that.
Can you Attach More than One EIP to EC2 ?
What are the Best Practices for AWS Security ?
There are several best practices to secure Amazon EC2. A few of them are given below:
- Use AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to control access to your AWS resources, with least privileges and roles.
- Restrict access by only allowing trusted hosts or networks to access ports on your instance.
- Review the rules in your security groups regularly, and ensure that you apply the principle of least Privilege – only open up permissions that you require.
- Disable password-based logins for instances launched from your AMI. Passwords can be found or cracked, and are a security risk.
How to let all S3 Uploads to be Public ?
By setting it in the bucket policy to public. This will make all objects to be public.
Can you use S3 Bucket on EC2 ?
Yes. You can use S3 Bucket on EC2 by using API, URL or mount it using S3FS.