All About Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban and More in a Nutshell !
In this article you will know what is Agile and other important terminologies which related to it.
What is Agile ?
It's uncovering a better way for developing software by doing it and helping others to do it. So it's a group of simple methods which will make things better through easier process.
- Rely on collaboration more than process and tools
- Having working software is more important than having documentation.
- Help customers over negotiating contracts.
- Responding changes by following plans.
What is Waterfall Methodology ?
Waterfall is sequential linear methodology which means every step is dependent on the previous one. This was originated from construction field which makes sense there but not in software development, still waterfall can be a good methodology in simple and small project.
What is Scrum ?
Scrum one of the most popular frameworks which implements Agile.
- More prescriptive. "Break your goals into smaller ones"
- Daily stand-up. "Why stand up ? to make it fast and discuss where are you standing to be on the same page."
- Sprint planning.
- Sprint retrospective. "To dig deep and discuss blockages and other big issues"
- Sprint review.
Scrum will measure and enhance team performance and collaboration.
This one has a limit of WIP "Work in Progress" and it's based on pulling which means after breaking job you are pulling jobs and working on them and team based on the limits.